The hospitals and medical facilities in Morehouse Parish and surrounding area have grown with the medical needs of the region. Morehouse General Hospital is a 49 bed Regional Medical Facility and has nearly 40 physicians on staff offering expertise in numerous specializations. Morehouse General Hospital is proud to be a "rural" hospital with many of the benefits of a larger hospital in a metropolitan area. They offer state of the art technology, advanced equipment, and highly skilled staff....right here at home.
Liberty Healthcare Behavioral Hospital for Child and Adolescents (ages 7-17) is an exceptional outreach in patient care that offers the optimum in-patient psychiatric care for North Louisiana. The hospital is a 60 bed state of the art facility in Bastrop, La. The facility is overseen by Board Certified / Board Eligible Psychiatrists. Located on Eugene Ware Road the center can be contacted at 318-281-2448
Morehouse Parish has a number of doctors, dentist, physical therapy, skilled rehabilitation centers and rural health services with extended hours to accommodate working families and emergency care.
High marks in patient satisfaction
An analysis of patient satisfaction of 295 hospital markets by Kaiser Health News ranks our health care market No. 4 in the nation in patient satisfaction. Our hospitals have been recognized for excellence in clinical outcomes, patient safety, financial performance and operational efficiency.
With 59 hospitals, a medical school and 5,122 beds combined, the healthcare sector in the region employs approximately 25,000 professionals, who have brought national recognition to the region. The healthcare industry is one of the largest employers in North Louisiana and an economic driver for the region.
Medical Services (within 100 miles)
- Morehouse General Hospital (parish) | 49 Beds
- Bastrop Rehabilitation Hospital | 15 Beds
- Sterlington Rehabilitation Hospital (Bastrop location) | 10 Beds
- Cherry Ridge Guest Care | 122 Beds
- Oak Woods Nursing Home (Mer Rouge) | 161 Beds
- Emergency Services | 558 Beds
- Glenwood Regional Medical Center | 237 Beds
- Louisiana State University Medical Center at Monroe (E. A. Conway) | 247 Beds
- St. Francis North Medical Center | 255 Beds
- Lagniappe Healthcare | 112 Beds
- LeGrand Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center | 120 Beds
- Liberty Healthcare | 60 Beds
- Savannah County Assisted Living and Memory Care | 38 Beds
John N. John received the MEDCO 2018 Economic Development Award at the Annual October 16…Read More
The annual Morehouse Economic Development Corporation held it Annual Membership Meeting on September 30, 2020. CEO, Kay King…
The Annual MEDCO Membership Luncheon was held on October 16th at the Snyder Museum and Creative Arts Center…