Morehouse Economic Development Corporation was founded by community stakeholders as a non-profit organization in 1984 to focus on diversification of area business. The organization serves the City of Bastrop, Villages of Bonita, Collinston, Mer Rouge, Oak Ridge and communities of Log Cabin and Beekman. The organization is proactive in strategic planning for developing the economy of the parish through marketing of area resources.
We can help grow your business. With our economic development offices located in the heart of Morehouse Parish, we are perfectly positioned to serve your needs, no matter what factors for site selection matter most to you:
For assistance with your business ideas, expansion or relocation of you business please contact us.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Billy Jordan, Chairman
- Odis S. Hill, Vice-Chairman
- Kathy Lenard, Secretary-Treasurer
- Robert "Bob" Green, , Immediate Past-Chairman
- Kay King, CEO
Directors who represent specific business sectors are denoted by parentheses.
- Loe Dunn, Retired Educator/Consultant (Village of Collinston)
- Robert "Bob" Green, Retired Business/Manufacturing
- Odis S. Hill, Southern University (Agricultural Business)
- Kathy Lenard, Retired Angus Chemical
- Billy Jordan, Origin Bank
- Nita Dunn, Retired Business
- Glen Melton, Timber Industry
- Clarence Hawkins, Former Bastrop Mayor
- Christy Merriweather, Savannah Court
- Alex Rankin, Attorney, Registered Agent
- Jack Scoggins, Retired Business
- Allen Spires, Farmer (Village of Mer Rouge)
- Norene Smith, Retired Regional Director, Northeast Louisiana Technical College
- Puddin Young, Real Estate - John Rea Realty (Village of Oak Ridge)
2023 Chemin-A-Haut Run & Walk
When: October 21, 2023 Where: Bastrop, LA Details: • 4 Mile Trail | $25 | …Read More
2023 Morehouse May Madness
When: May 6, 2023 Where: Bastrop, LA Cost: FREE Morehouse May Madness is a street…Read More
MEDCO holds Annual meeting
The annual Morehouse Economic Development Corporation held it Annual Membership Meeting on September 30, 2020.…Read More
Nikolle Dodaj of Roma Italian Bistro named Small Business of 2019 at Annual Luncheon
The Annual MEDCO Membership Luncheon was held on October 16th at the Snyder Museum and…Read More
Capital One Bank Building
Suite A 101 South Franklin St.
Bastrop, Louisiana 71220
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.